Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment Admission

Accelerate your future! Get a jump start on your college education and enrich your high school experience by earning both college and high school credit at the same time! Take advantage of dual enrollment classes available at Carson-Newman! Interact with highly qualified professors who will challenge you both academically and intellectually while saving you money with this affordable education option.

Carson-Newman University welcomes applications from high school students who wish to earn university credit during their junior or senior years of high school. Dual enrolled students can enroll in up to 11  hours of credit per semester. DE students must obtain permission from their high school in order to dual enroll at Carson-Newman.

To be accepted for Dual Enrollment, students must have at least a 3.0 High School GPA.

Candidates seeking dual enrollment admission should submit the following to the Office of Admissions: 

Tuition and Fee Information for Dual Enrolled Students (On-Campus):

Tuition: $166 per credit hour
Technology Fee: $10 per credit hour

Dual enrolled students may take a maximum of 11 hours per semester. Students who choose to enroll in on-campus dual enrollment courses will be responsible for purchasing a parking pass and obtaining a student ID card. Dual enrolled students will also be responsible for completing registration confirmation with Student Accounts by the first day of class each semester.

Class Registration Information for Dual Enrolled Students

Upon acceptance, students who wish to register for dual enrollment courses should contact the Office of Admissions at 865-471-3226.  

Books for Dual Enrollment Courses

Students are responsible for ordering/purchasing dual enrollment course textbooks either online from the Carson-Newman Bookstore or directly from the Bookstore on campus.

Financial Assistance Information for Dual Enrolled Students

Dual enrolled students will not qualify for federal or institutional financial aid, but eligible Tennessee residents may qualify for the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant.